Travel Information: COVID-19
Our Commitment to Our Guests
At Opal Key we care deeply for the well-being of our staff, guests, and community; and we're committed to providing you with fun and escapism, in a safe environment.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
The well-being of our guests and team members is of the utmost importance.
Please note that the City of Key West is requiring the wearing of masks when outside of their residence/lodging room, regardless of the ability to social distance. For more information and to read the ordinance in its entirety, please visit: cityofkeywest-fl.gov
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. Our health and safety measures include the following:
- Compliance with all minimum state and local guidelines related to COVID-19
- All team members have been trained on our new protocols
- Utilization of EPA-approved cleaning & disinfecting agents that kill the COVID-19 virus
- Face coverings required as part of uniforms for all team members
- Hand Sanitizer Stations at high traffic guest touch points
- Signage throughout public spaces on cleanliness, social distancing, and hand hygiene
- Elimination and/or offering alternative options for any shared-use items that can’t be cleaned after guest use
- Limiting team member room entry during stay (housekeeping, in-room dining)
- Surface disinfecting wipes in guest rooms
We ask that anyone who feels unwell or has knowingly been in contact in the last 14 days with someone with COVID-19 postpone their travel for the safety of other guests and our team members.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.